If leading and serving a team of technicians in installation projects large and small that protect what is most important to your customers; growing your team members’ technical and professional skills and ensuring that our clients have a phenomenal experience sounds like an ideal use for your talents, you may be a great fit with us as a Project Manager.
This is an ideal role for a resourceful, service-minded person who is passionate about learning the technology and every aspect of their projects, and who wants to truly build something great, and make a major impact – with us, and with our clients. You would be integral to our growth, and we envision you leading us to great heights long-term.
Why Join Us?
Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality integrated security systems for our clients using cutting edge technology has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence. We build leaders and promote creative thinking to get things done. We care about our team, invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, paid vacation and holidays, and financing of relevant training and certifications. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan.
Is this role right for you?
- Do you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment and experiencing brand-new challenges / problems to solve each day?
- Do you see feasible solutions when others think something is impossible, and have the creative resourcefulness, negotiation skills, and grit to fully implement those solutions (and get excited by that)?
- Are you filled with a strong feeling of satisfaction knowing that you have truly served your team and the client, and that they know you deeply care about them?
- Do you geek out on data, and actually enjoy scheduling teams and forecasting needs with a strong data-backed business case behind it? And do you have an eye on every single detail?
- Is your technical knowledge strong because you are curious, and go down Google rabbit holes learning about software, technology, and electronics just for fun?
- Are you known for extreme organization skills and attention to detail?
What will you be doing in this role?
- Understanding the technical and business intricacies of the integrated systems in the solutions we provide to our clients, including the devices, IT infrastructure, and the software interfaces
- Collaborating with stakeholders (e.g. internal team members, subcontractors, general contractors, architects, and clients) and our systems (Asana, Sedona, and shared scheduling spreadsheets) to plan projects, schedule team members, plan purchasing, and lead all activities related to our installation projects
- Serving your team of two or three technical installers in every way to ensure they always have what they need (equipment, technical guidance, resources, support, etc.) when they start their day, and in the moment throughout their days to properly perform their jobs, and fully owning the morale and success of your team
- Examining and inspecting work progress, equipment and visiting job sites to verify that SecurAlarm standards and project specifications are being met at a micro level
- Taking initiative to leverage data in a smart way to continuously improve your long-term forecasting, profit margins on projects, identify trends, create efficiencies, etc.
- Basic technical knowledge of networks, IT infrastructure, electrical theory, software interfaces, and the ability to understand blueprints
- Ability to drive company vehicle and be insurable under fleet policy
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorization to work in the US
- Ideal but not required: Knowledge of construction life cycles; fire and building codes such as NFPA 72 and Michigan building code; general knowledge of IT infrastructure; project management skills and experience; and/or knowledge of integrated systems, access control, video, fire alarms and security systems and devices
SecurAlarm Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.