We create great spaces and we create fulfilling career opportunities.
At Haworth, you’ll find a place that since its inception has revolved around inspiration, originality, advancement, and the people who drive them. With a unique global perspective, a culture of great design, a ground-breaking approach to space, and an admiration and appreciation of the members whose cleverness and resourcefulness propel us forward, you’ll find everything you are looking for in pursuing the journey of a fulfilling career. At Haworth, you are more than an employee; you are a valued member of our global family.
Haworth is currently looking for two part time Corporate Security Officers that will perform professional security services and give exceptional customer service to all Haworth customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established, yet evolving security team in a job environment you can plan to succeed in. This team exudes experience and talent, new ideas, new leadership, and an attitude of teamwork and trust. Customer service is our goal!
Part Time Work Schedules
Position 1/ Wednesday 8 am – 4 pm and every other Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 10 pm
Position 2/ 16 hours per pay period. Days will be negotiable.
Corporate Security Officers will focus in these key areas on a day to day basis:
Corporate Security Officers protect the company’s assets. This includes people, places and products. To successfully protect these assets they will:
- Maintain security of company assets, members, contractors, and guests by verifying authorizations for access to Haworth property. They will ensure that regulations to fulfill Customs-Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT) requirements are met.
- Respond to situations such as fires, medical emergencies, police and/or security actions, chemical spills and natural disasters. They will take appropriate action to secure all Haworth property to avoid or minimize injury to members and guests, reduce or eliminate loss to physical assets and ensure physical security is maintained to reduce additional risk.
- Conduct internal and external inspections by assisting with or conducting security audits of Haworth properties to assess all security and life safety risks which may be present then make recommendations to eliminate or reduce such risks.
- Under the direction of the Corporate Security Manager they will conduct initial investigations to support management and human resources in the administration of policies and procedures. The will utilize interviews, surveillance methods and the collection of evidence to produce concise reports of results.
- Conduct on-site drug screening and/or alcohol testing to support company Substance Abuse Policy.
As stated above, this is our goal! To carry out this goal Corporate Security Officers will:
- Act as a member of the Basic Emergency Stabilization Team (BEST) to provide effective and immediate life-saving assistance to members and guests by utilizing basic first aid, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), emergency oxygen, and automatic electrical defibrillators (AEDs).
- Provide transportation to local hospital for treatment of injured members and guests.
- Provide vehicle assistance to members and guests; such as vehicle jump-starts, lockouts, and escorts.
It takes more than great people to keep the company’s assets secure. Corporate Security Officers will also be required to:
- Monitor fire, security, production alarm and closed circuit television systems.
- Create badges for members. This includes editing and deleting data in the associated database utilizes.
- With more senior staff members, inspect emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers, security golf cart and fire sprinkler systems.
- Assist with correcting discrepancies and completing reports, ensuring appropriate level of operational readiness.
- Assist with maintaining and auditing all databases within the security information system; compiling department statistics and providing reports, and updating member files, ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date.
We value our customers, members, integrity, continuous learning, results and our world. Corporate Security Officers consistently act to deliver the Haworth vision, values, high team moral, global culture, and brand.
In order to be successful as a Corporate Security Officer, applicants with the following qualifications will be considered:
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts which will include times to support 24/7 operations, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work part time with opportunities to cover other shifts as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- First Aid and CPR certification or receive within the first 60 days of employment.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Job seeker to be able to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
Physical Abilities to Perform Position
- Ability to walk long distances and stand for prolonged periods of time without tiring.
- Ability to climb ladders and/or stairs equivalent to four stories in height within reasonable time period carrying first aid bag and AED, then continue to walk/run to emergency scene.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at command desk.
- Ability to enter and exit security vehicles without physical challenge.
- Ability to kneel on both knees for extended periods of time when performing first aid and/or CPR.
- Ability to pass standard audio test and visual test including acceptable night vision.
- Ability to work in noisy and dusty environment.
- Ability to lift, carry and move equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to grip and squeeze fire extinguisher handles, badge punches, and fire protection valves.
- High school diploma or GED and two years’ experience in security or law enforcement.
- High school diploma or GED, one year schooling in Criminal Justice and one year experience in security or law enforcement.
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice.
- Must be self-directed and motivated to manage multiple assignments and requirements while working independently.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team to accomplish a shared goal.
- Ability to use computer and appropriate security databases.
- Experience working with security systems.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.