WESTERN MICHIGAN CHAPTER, 095
AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INDUSTRIAL SECURITY
Our Chapter awards one student scholarship annually. Below, we have provided some information about eligibility for the Chapter Scholarship. The complete application for our Chapter Scholarship can be found at this link.
Additionally, ASIS International offers a matching scholarship program that results in the doubling of the scholarship award provided by the Western Michigan ASIS Chapter 095. More on the International matching scholarship can be found at this link.
Eligibility Criteria For Full-time or Part-Time College Students
- This award is open to college students who demonstrate an interest in the security profession and exhibit the potential to make a contribution to the security profession.
- Applicants must be residents of the area served by the Western Michigan Chapter.
- Financial need is not a requirement.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 45 semester hours or 66 quarter/term hours at an accredited college or university.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 B- (4.0 scale) is required of undergraduate applicants. The minimum cumulative grade point average for graduate applicants is 3.0 B (4.0 scale).
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time and have been accepted into a security related academic discipline.
- Applicant preference is given to:
- Student members in good standing of the Western Michigan Chapter.
- Members in good standing of the Western Michigan Chapter.
- Other qualified applicants meeting eligibility criteria.